This website is operated by FundExpert.co.uk. FundExpert is an Appointed Representative of Dennehy Weller & Co. Registered Office: 303 High Street, Chislehurst, Kent, BR6 0NN
Registered in England No. 1476316
Dennehy Weller & Co Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, registration no. 114360
This website is not intended for use by any person in the United States.
NON-ADVISED TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
FundExpert is an appointed representative of Dennehy Weller & Co.
Dennehy Weller & Co is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to advise on and arrange regulated investment products for Private Clients. These products include life assurance and pension contracts, units and shares in collective investment schemes, units in investment trust savings schemes, and securities except those which are not readily realisable. It is bound by the rules of the FCA (https://register.fca.org.uk/). FCA Registration No: 114360
The following Terms and Conditions of Business will apply to services supplied:
1. FUNDEXPERT does not offer advice to clients but arranges deals on behalf of clients in certain non-complex products on an execution-only or direct offer basis. Execution-only and direct offer transactions are carried out on the instructions of the client and FUNDEXPERT has not given advice nor exercised any judgement on the client’s behalf as to the merits or suitability of the transaction for the client and FUNDEXPERT has no intention of providing any advice.
2. For the purposes of client categorisation that is required by the FCA Rules, FUNDEXPERT will treat you as a retail client. FUNDEXPERT may also categorise as a retail client any client who would otherwise be a professional client or an eligible counterparty (as defined in the FCA rules). However, if you are such a client, then you may not have rights under the Financial Ombudsman Service or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. If you are acting as an agent for someone else, FUNDEXPERT will treat you alone as its client and you will be liable to FUNDEXPERT in respect of transactions you conduct in such capacity.
3. FUNDEXPERT DOES NOT HANDLE CLIENT MONEY. FUNDEXPERT never accepts a cheque made out to FUNDEXPERT (unless it is a cheque in settlement of charges or disbursements for which the client has received a bill) nor cash.
4. FUNDEXPERT has implemented a conflicts of interest policy to ensure fair treatment of its clients under which it will not carry out transactions for clients in the products of companies or business entities in which FUNDEXPERT or any director or employee or one of its other clients has a known significant personal interest unless that interest is first disclosed. This policy shall not apply to personal holdings of directors and staff in investments transacted by FUNDEXPERT in the normal course of business.
5. Written instructions (including email instructions from an email address which you have provided to us) will normally be required before FUNDEXPERT will act for the client but at FUNDEXPERT discretion oral instructions will also be acceptable. Authority to act on behalf of the client may be terminated at any time without penalty by either party giving notice in writing to the other. Such termination will not affect the completion of any transaction already initiated.
6. FUNDEXPERT acts as the client’s agent in arranging investments, and never owns investments it arranges for them.
7. All investments will be registered in the names of the client(s). All contract notes and documents of title will be forwarded to the client no later than the first business day following their receipt by FUNDEXPERT. However, when a number of contract notes or documents relating to a series of transactions is involved, they may be retained by FUNDEXPERT until the series is complete.
8. All application forms, contract notes, cheques, certificates or documents of title may be sent by post at the client’s risk.
9. FUNDEXPERT accepts no liability to clients who purchase two ISAs in one fiscal year, or otherwise do not comply with ISA rules.
10. FUNDEXPERT receives a fee of 0.5% from product providers following arrangement of investments. This equates to £50 per annum on an investment of £10,000. This will fluctuate with the value of the investment. This fee is retained for FUNDEXPERT’s benefit. The client will receive from the product provider, or from FUNDEXPERT, information about the fee that FUNDEXPERT receives. FUNDEXPERT will tell the client the amount of fees payable to FUNDEXPERT on any investment it has arranged for the client. FUNDEXPERT retains the right to share this fee with professional connections at its discretion. As this fee is retained clients are not charged for arranging such contracts except by separate arrangement as agreed in advance with the client. If FUNDEXPERT receives a fee or other form of benefit from the issuer of a security or from another intermediary, FUNDEXPERT will inform the client and will disclose the amount.
11. Units bought with No Initial Charge are usually bought at “Creation Price”, which comprises Bid Price plus Stamp Duty and other charges that FUNDEXPERT cannot control or discount. There is the possibility that other costs, including taxes on profits made may arise for clients and these are not the responsibility of nor paid by FUNDEXPERT.
12. FUNDEXPERT will supply, on demand, to the client or his agent, copies of contract notes, vouchers, and entries in books and records for a period of six years from the date of each transaction.
13. FUNDEXPERT maintains a professional indemnity insurance policy for the protection of clients in the event of negligence by any member or employee of FUNDEXPERT, and details of this, including the current limits of indemnity, are available on request.
14. To prevent or detect fraud, or to assist in verifying your identity, FUNDEXPERT may make searches at credit reference or fraud prevention agencies or at the electoral register.
15. You should assume that all telephone calls, website use and email between you and FUNDEXPERT will be recorded. These recordings will be the sole property of FUNDEXPERT and may be used for training purposes or as evidence in the event of a dispute.
17. These Terms and Conditions may not be varied except by prior written consent of the client and FUNDEXPERT.
18. These terms and conditions are governed and shall be construed by English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. FUNDEXPERT shall not be in breach of this agreement and shall not incur any liability to you if there is any failure to perform its duties due to any circumstances reasonably beyond its control.
19. If you wish to register a complaint, please contact FUNDEXPERT either by writing to the Compliance Officer, Dennehy Weller & Co, 3 High St, Chislehurst BR7 5AB, or by telephoning 020 8467 1666, or by emailing enquiries@DWCifa.com.
20. FUNDEXPERT is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if FUNDEXPERT cannot meet its obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.
Most types of business are covered up to a maximum of £50,000
Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim, without any upper limit.
Further information about compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS. Tel: 020 7741 4100. Email: email@example.com.
Past performance is not necessarily a guide to the future. The value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise as a result of market and currency fluctuations and you may not get back the amount originally invested. All products purchased through FundExpert should be regarded as medium to long-term investments. FundExpert offers an execution-only service. If you require investment advice you should contact a professional financial adviser. Tax assumptions are subject to statutory change and the value of tax relief (if any) will depend upon your individual circumstances.
The information on this site is intended solely for the use of those people who are United Kingdom residents for tax and investment purposes. It is not for distribution in any other jurisdiction, including the United States of America. Anyone who is not a UK resident should not continue with this site unless wishing to read about personal finances available to UK residents for informational purposes only.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file – it’s saved onto your computer or other device when you visit our website.
Cookies store small pieces of information. For example - they will remember you've visited our website or performed a certain action.
Cookies also let us know which pages of our website you visited; they help us develop and market our products and services. They also help us track sales.
Persistent cookies - these stay valid, and will work until their expiry date (unless you delete them before they expire)
Session cookies - these expire when you close your web browser
You may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
The table below sets out what cookies we use and why:
ASP session cookie - deleted when you end your visitor session
System setting - contains no personally identifiable information